The LBCC Human Resources Department provides centralized support to the Long Beach Community College District, its students, faculty, management, staff, the Personnel Commission, and Board of Trustees in the areas of labor and employee relations, faculty and staff recruitment, selection and retention, classification and compensation, and employee training and professional development.
The LBCC Human Resources staff recruits, develops and protects the college's most valuable resource - its employees. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and supporting a qualified diverse workforce in order to meet the educational needs of our students. We do this by providing quality service to our internal and external campus community, and adhering to open, equitable and ethical personnel standards.
We carry out our mission with integrity, dignity, responsiveness, and professionalism, defined by these core values, exhibiting PRIDE in our service to the college, our students, our employees, and our community:
- PEOPLE - we are people focused, matching and balancing the needs of our students, employees and community with those of the college.
- RESPECT - we create an environment of respect for all, founded in equity, courtesy, approachability, understanding and responsiveness.
- INTEGRITY - we foster integrity as the foundation for all that we do, promoting honesty and trust, open and clear communication, confidentiality, and collaboration in an environment of team work.
- DIVERSITY - we recognize and appreciate our similarities and differences, celebrating diversity in people, philosophies, cultures, beliefs and abilities.
- EXCELLENCE - we deliver quality and excellence by being knowledgeable, responsive, consistent, engaged and professional.