Board Leadership Program (BLP)
This Board Leadership Program is aimed at professionals early in their careers in the Long Beach Community College District who are interested in gaining experience as a board member and learning about the various aspects of proactive board governance. This program provides financial resources which remove financial barriers to joining the Board of Governors and taking part in Long Beach City College Foundation events. The Board Leadership Program will provide applicants access to the invaluable network of Long Beach community leaders and mentorship through a current board member. The financial resources and provided mentorship will contribute to the development of skills on how to drive strategic direction and contribute to the Board of Governors and other advisory and management boards with similar governance models.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must be a professional early in their career
- Interest in serving and positively impacting the Long Beach City College community
- Willing to learn about the Long Beach City College Foundation and its philanthropic mission
- First time in serving on board
- Attendance for monthly 1.5-hour meetings
- Attendance for quarterly meetings with assigned board member mentor
- Commitment and service for a 2-year term
- Service on a minimum of 1 committee every year
- Applications Open January 30th, 2023
- Applications Close March 10th, 2023
- Application Review will take place during March and April 2023
- Selection and Notification April and May 2023
- Access to the professional network of the current Board of Governors, which includes long-standing community leaders, elected officials, and Long Beach business owners
- Invitations to the LBCC Foundation annual events, including Hall of Fame, Hall of Champions, and the Golf Tournament
- Annual Board of Governors’ dues are waived
- Financial costs to attend the Annual Long Beach City College Hall of Fame and Golf Tournament are waived
- Mentorship from a longstanding board member and active community leader
- Board Voting Rights
How to Apply?
- Complete the Application Form below.
SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM
- Applicants are asked to provide a CV or resume for
- This application allows us to get familiar with you as a
community leader interested in applying to the Board Leadership
Program and serving on the Board of Governors. The review process
for the Board of Governors Board Leadership Program includes a
review of application materials by the Executive Board.
- Selected applicants will be notified by April/May 2023.