NEW: ENROLL TODAY IN THE NEW SUMMER PROGRAM!
Sign-ups are now open for LBCC’s no-cost Summer Program for children ages 6-18 years old! It is available to students who were enrolled in Spring 2023 or will be enrolled in Summer 2023 or Fall 2023. If you are an LBCC employee, you may also use this link to sign up your children; however, please know that first priority is for LBCC students.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., at the Liberal Arts Campus, beginning on Tuesday, June 20, through Friday, August 18. Activities include enrichment programs, sports & recreation, field trips, and fun with friends.
Click “Enroll Today” at www.bgclublb.org/vikingsummer before Friday, June 2, to get started!
How to Enroll:
- Once you click “Enroll Today,” select “Create a New Account” and enter your first and last name, address, e-mail, and phone number.
- Once that is submitted, we will review your information and then send you an e-mail with a link to complete an application (may take 1-2 business days).
- Look for an e-mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject line ”Welcome to Trax Online.” This e-mail will have a link to confirm your e-mail address and activate your account.
- Use the link to complete the online application with information about your children and various permissions/waivers.
- Someone will contact you to confirm that your child(ren) are officially enrolled in the Summer Program and provide additional details about program participation.
ABOUT THE LBCC AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM (FALL-SPRING)
Are you an LBCC student who is a parent or guardian responsible for the care of children 6-18 years old? Do you struggle to find afterschool care while you are on campus to attend classes or counseling appointments, or when you need to study or visit the library?
Good news! LBCC has an afterschool program on-site at the Liberal Arts Campus. Children ages 6-18 have a safe place to get homework help, a hot meal, and the opportunity to participate in art, music, athletics, and STEM programs. LBCC partners with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach and the Long Beach Unified School District to provide this program at no cost to LBCC students.
If you are a student at the Pacific Coast Campus, LBCC has space available at the Boys & Girls Clubs’ Wallace/Petrolane Clubhouse, which is located at 1920 Lemon Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90806. It’s across the street from PCC in Martin Luther King, Jr., Park—less than a 10-minute walk from campus.
Interested? Here is what you need to do.
- Complete this brief interest form below. Someone will follow up with you.
Submit Interest Form
- If you and your children are a good fit for the program, you will need to complete a Boys & Girls Clubs application.
- Once you are in the program, you will need to arrange transportation for your children to the clubhouse.
For more information, check out the FAQs here and media stories below about the program.
Are you looking for childcare for children ages 2-5? Check out LBCC’s Child Development Center.