The Welcome Center at Long Beach City College is a great place to start on your journey to becoming an LBCC Viking! Whether you are a first-time student, a returning student, or a community member, the Welcome Center is a one-stop shop that provides you with general information and services to get you connected to the LBCC community.
Staffed by a dedicated team, the Welcome Center aims to make your introduction to the college experience go as smoothly as possible. The goal of the Center is to bring all of the key components a student needs under one roof and become the focal point for their success.
Mon.: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tue.: 9:00am – 5:30pm
Wed. & Thur.: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Fri.: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Mon. – Thur.: 8am – 5pm
Fri.: 8am – 12pm
Services Available in the Welcome Center:
- Drop-in Counseling for prospective or new students
- Prerequisite Waiver
- General Questions on program requirements, general education, and transfer
- One semester student education plan
- Comprehensive student educational planning cannot be completed in the Welcome Center. Students can make an appointment in the general counseling office for assistance.
- Application Assistance
- Registration Assistance
- Assistance with completing orientation