Apply to be a Student Assistant
The Success Centers are always looking for responsible and dynamic individuals to be Student Assistants to work at our front desks.
How to Apply
To apply to work at a Success Center, please complete our online application.
Under the direction of the Instructional Lab Coordinator:
- Schedule and log students in and out for Student Success Center activities.
- Provide information about Department and Success Center programs, services, and procedures to students, staff and instructors in person or by telephone.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the Success Center area, equipment and materials.
- Check out materials to students while maintaining the security of materials and equipment.
- Demonstrate the use of Success Center equipment to students, staff and instructors.
- Help students with general LBCC-related questions.
- For Academic Computing Center ONLY: Be able to assist students with basic computer software, such as Microsoft Office, email, navigating LBCC websites, and printing.
In order to be hired as a Student Assistant at, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time (12-units) student if you are an undergraduate attending a community college or university or be enrolled in at least three units if you are a graduate student or enrolled in a credential program.
- Submit a completed Employment Application and Availability Form (for the current semester).
- Be interviewed by the appropriate center supervisor.
Once hired as a Student Assistant, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit proof of current enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student or current enrollment in at least 3 units for graduate and credential program students.
- Complete ongoing training (in the form of an orientation and/or training sessions).
- Attend regular meetings as assigned.
- For new LBCC employees: You must fill out and submit the necessary Human Resources/ Payroll forms before you begin work.
- The hourly rate for student assistants is determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Student assistants can work a maximum of 20 hours per week, subject to need and availability of hours.