- To advise on the development and continued understanding of
the College’s campus safety & emergency planning resources,
programs and operations.
- To prepare recommendations for campus safety plan
development, training, policies and procedures in alignment with
the College’s Strategic Plan goals and institutional priorities
(as established by the College Planning Council).
- To identify underlying principles (practices) used to inform
decision-making regarding college safety, including use of
existing resources based on institutional planning.
- To advise on the development of Environmental Health and
Safety programs and resources for the college.
- To update the College Planning Council on college safety
strategies and initiatives.
- To serve as a forum for on-going safety discussions for
campus and community members.
- To identify strategies which can be implemented to improve
- To identify emerging trends and/or needs that should inform
updates to college safety policies or procedures.
- To educate members of the college community on college safety
and emergency operations/planning.
- To serve as a conduit for communicating the committee’s
activities to its represented constituencies and to other college