The Library Department offers five workshops that have been designed to instill research and information literacy skills.
The workshops are in a self-enroll Canvas Shell
- Professors, whether it’s for an assignment or extra credit, you can assign the workshops to your students by simply providing them with the enrollment link: https://lbcc.instructure.com/enroll/9LLDYF
- Professors, you can also refer a student to complete the workshops by using the Library Research referral in Starfish Early Alert. Check out the one-minute tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2DUSOyejU
- Students, you can enroll yourselves into the workshops in order to gain more research skills, learn about Fake News, or test your knowledge. Just follow this enrollment link: https://lbcc.instructure.com/enroll/9LLDYF
The workshops are self-paced
- This means you can complete the modules at your own tempo. Each module should take about 30-40 minutes to completely read each page, watch each video, and take the quiz.
There are five workshops:
- Developing Search Strategies
- Finding Books & eBooks
- Finding Peer-Reviewed Journals & Articles
- Online Research
- Fake News
Students earn badges!
- When students complete a workshop, they will earn a corresponding badge.
- To earn a workshop, badge students will need to read each page, watch each video, and complete the quiz in that module.
- Check out the page, “How to Send Proof of Completion to a Professor” to learn how to show proof of completion.
We want your feedback!
- Students, please complete the “Feedback from Students” link in the Canvas shell.
- Professors, please send an email with your feedback and experiences to Colin Williams email@example.com