Preparing for Your Completions Counseling Appointment
Please review our tips to maximize your time spent with a counselor:
- Prepare your questions and goals for your Counselor. Refer to “Questions to Ask During Your Completion Counseling Appointment”.
- Submit official transcripts and other credits to LBCC Admissions & Records for evaluation. Inform your Counselor in your meeting, as well.
- Review resources and seek answers prior to your meeting. Make a list of questions you still have so your Counselor can answer these in your session.
- Be ready at least 10 minutes before your appointment. If you can’t attend or need to reschedule, contact us ASAP.
- Share your progress and any academic or personal challenges that you may be experiencing. Your Counselor can make referrals if needed.
- Participate and be engaged in the conversation with your Counselor. Ask clarifying questions and take notes so you can refer back to them later.
- Remember, your Counselor is a guide and resource, but this is your journey and you make the decisions affecting your progress.