Student Packaging Policy
Financial aid packages are created for students throughout the academic year. Applicants whose financial aid files are complete by College priority deadlines will receive maximum consideration in the distribution of funding resources according to funding criteria.
Guidelines for Awarding Financial Aid:
- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is determined as a result of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The Federal Pell Grant is the foundation of the financial aid package and eligibility is based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded according to federal guidelines. Federal Pell Grant recipients with the lowest Expected Family Contribution have first priority for FSEOG funding. The second priority is given to students with no Federal Pell Grant eligibility and the lowest Expected Family Contribution. The FSEOG award is $600.
- Award packages are created based on expected full-time enrollment. Grants will be disbursed on a prorated basis based on enrollment.
- The College reserves the right to issue adjusted award letters due to an error in calculating.