LGBTQIA+ Learning Community
The LGBTQIA+ Learning Community builds cultural and educational experiences for students and allies of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) community by examining relevant voices, stories, and community experiences. We are committed to creating a supportive environment where students can explore their identities, build relationships, and thrive as they pursue their academic, career, and personal goals.
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Events and field trips
- Free books in learning community courses and swag
- Meet guest speakers
- Transfer Information
- Connect with on- and off-campus academic and identity-based resources
- Develop connections, make friends, and build community
- Take courses that emphasize LGBTQIA+ identity, social movements, and evolving community issues
- Work with and develop mentorships with LGBTQIA+ identifying faculty and allies
How Does It Work?
Students will take two courses each semester that will help them meet general education requirements as a cohort with supportive faculty. Courses will emphasize LGBTQIA+ identity, social movements, and evolving community issues.
|Fall 2023||Spring 2024|
Reading and Composition with Support
Hist./Early America (Colonial-Reconstr)
Orientation for College Success
Introduction to Government