Rules & regulations for the ceremony
Commencement Thursday, June 9, 3:00 p.m., Veterans Stadium
*Commencement Rehearsal Wednesday, June 8, 3:00 p.m., Veterans Stadium
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Check-in at baseball field on the east side of the stadium in your cap and gown.
Fill Out Graduate Name Card Phonetically
Get in Line for Student Processional
Students will line up on a first come, first served basis, in the following order:
- Honors 3: 4.0 GPA
- Honors 2: 3.75 – 3.99 GPA
- Honors 1: 3.5 – 3.74 GPA
- Kassai, Alpha Gamma Sigma, Associated Student Body (in no particular order)
- If you wish to sit next to a friend, you will need to stand directly in front of or behind him/her.
- Student Marshals (dressed in white robes) will lead each line along the track. Please do not switch or combine lines.
Recognition of Certificate Recipients During the Program (red robes)
The Marshals will signal for certificate recipients to stand when “I am pleased to present the recipients of certificates of accomplishments for the 2021–2022 academic year” is said. As soon as “year” is said, the Marshals will raise their scepters, instructing all certificate recipients to stand. Non-certificate (black robes) recipients should remain seated.
Presentation of Graduates
The Marshals will signal for graduates to stand when the Superintendent-President says: “I present to you the Long Beach City College graduates of 2020, 2021 and 2022.” As soon as “2020” is said, the Marshals will raise their scepters, instructing all graduates to stand at the same time.
- The President of the Board of Trustees will address the graduates and end her speech with the following statement: “I confer upon you the degree of Associate of Arts or Associate of Science.”
- At that point, all graduates will move tassels from right side of cap to left side of cap.
- Prior to stepping on stage, each graduate will hand their reader card to a name reader.
- Grasp the diploma case in your left hand and shake hands with the individual with your right hand on top of the diploma. Turn and face the photographer at this time for your official photo.
- Exit the staging area down the center ramp. Return to your seat.
Alma Mater All stand to sing the following:
City Collegium, we sing to thee Fair Alma Mater, down by the sea
For honor and service, loyalty too,
Thy sons and thy daughters pledge their best to you All Hail, All Hail
All graduates and certificate recipients will remain standing until they have exited and the Marshals signal you to follow Ole. Ole will lead graduates through the tunnel to Parking Lot M for photos.
During Commencement, all graduates must be in cap and gown. Because of the wind at Veterans Stadium, it’s recommended to pin your cap on with bobby pins. Caps may be decorated tastefully. High-heeled shoes are not permitted on the field.
We encourage you to use #Vikings2022 and #LBCCGrad to participate in the displays.
Information on ordering will be placed in your diploma cases.
After the ceremony, graduates should meet up with their families on the west side of the ticket booths in Parking Lot M.
Please inform your guests these items are not allowed.
- Balloons: Due to the proximity to the Long Beach Airport, no balloons are allowed in the stadium. Guests with balloons will be asked to leave them in their car.
- Air horns or noisemakers
- Fireworks, including poppers
- Skates, skateboards, scooters
- High-heeled shoes, wedges are permitted
- Chewing Gum
- Food or drink other than water
- Tape of any kind