Learn how your high school language transfers to LBCC
World Language Prerequisite
|Years of HS Language||College Equivalent|
|1 year of a high school language||Language Level 1 or 2|
|2 year of a high school language||Language Level 2 or 3|
|3 year of a high school language||Language Level 3 or 4|
|4 year of a high school language||Language Level 4|
In order to meet the prerequisites of a class, please submit the Prerequisite/Corequisite Challenge Form and contact Regina Montufar (Administrative Assistant – Language Arts & Communication).
Phone Number: (562) 938-4331
SPAN 9 Prerequisite
There are two ways to meet the prerequisite required to enroll in SPAN 9, Spanish for Spanish Speakers class at Long Beach City College:
- You have taken SPAN 2, which allows you to automatically enroll; OR
- You meet the Equivalent by submitting a Prerequisite/Corequisite Challenge Form (as shown below)
If you fall under the second requirement, please follow these steps:
- Request a Prerequisite/Corequisite Challenge Form from your counselor or from the World Language Administrative Assistant.
- Fill the form out and check item number 4.
- Sign the form.
- Make sure the form has the signature of the Department Chair. The form given to you by your counselor or the Administrative Assistant should already be signed when they give it to you.
- Take the form to Admissions and inform them of the SPAN 9 section you would like to enroll in.