All the Tools You Need to Succeed
We are here to help you succeed in pursuing your career goals. Explore all the academic resources and learning support available for LBCC students.
Students are enrolled into a digital homeroom that acts as an extension of the classroom. In the homeroom, students and professors can interact across the Library Technician courses, ask general questions, find out about volunteer and job opportunities, view digital information sessions and interviews with library professionals.
Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC)
The Library Technician program courses are certified by the American Library Association’s Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC). The LSSC is designed to recognize the value and accomplishments of Library Support Staff and is recognized nationwide, demonstrating your mastery of key competencies that the ALA has deemed most valuable for library assistants and technicians. The certificate can help you market yourself when applying for job, help you demonstrate skills that transfer between states, and helps you network with peers and professionals in your field.
LIB271 Work Experience – Library Technician
Prepare for a career by enrolling in LIB271 Work Experience to gain hands-on experience with site-specific skillsets. We are currently partnered with the following organizations to offer work experience education:
- Long Beach Public Library system
- Museum of Latin American Art (MoLAA)
- American University of Health Sciences
- East/West Players Theatrical Company
LBCC College Support & Student Resources
Find all the LBCC services and tools available to help you navigate through college life.
- Class Registration Support
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tutoring Help & Learning Communities
- Campus Services & Student Life
- Degree Planning & Counseling
- Career Support & Job Training
- Strategies for Transfer and Graduation
- Community Resources
- Student Equity Programs, and much more