Behavioral Intervention Team
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) responds to non-emergency, non-imminent concerns. This team serves as the centralized body for discussion and coordinated action regarding students who experience distress or display concerning, problematic, or troubling behavior that could pose a serious risk to themselves or others. The goal is to intervene before a student reaches a crisis level and ensures the safety of both the student and the LBCC community.
Behavioral Intervention Team Composition:
- VP, Student Support Services: Dr. Nohel Corral
- Interim Dean, Student Affairs: Deborah Miller-Calvert
- Interim Director, Student Health and Student Life: Sergio Grimaldi
- Director, Psychological Services: Vanessa Garcia
- Mental Health Clinician: Daisy Cook
- Director, DSPS: Maria Ek Ewell
- Interim Director, Basic Needs: Justin Mendez
- Title IX: Kristen Olson, AVP of Human Resources
- Director, Student Conduct: Sylvia Garcia
- Student Conduct Specialist: Vacant
- Campus Police: Lt. Deis
- Director, Risk Management and Campus Safety: David Jefferson
- Risk Services Coordinator: Iliana Nikila
- Environmental Health & Safety: Lubert Iglesia
- RECORD - What occurred: Date, time, location, student name/ID number, witnesses, communication with other students, attempts to redirect, etc.
- REPORT - Send a written recollection of incident(s) and behavior(s) as they occurred to your Department Dean. The report should include all intervention attempts that occurred.
- PROVIDE - Documentation and statements that substantiate the desired outcome or course of action. Witness statements must be in writing.