Completions FAQs


Watch Video: How to view LBCC webpages in other languages

Why should I meet with a Completion Counselor?

Meeting with a Completion Counselor helps keep you on track to attain your award and/or transfer.

When should I meet with a Completion Counselor?

You should meet with a Completion Counselor when you have completed at least 30 units at LBCC or at another college/university and/or a semester before completing your educational goal.

How do I schedule an appointment with a Completion Counselor?

You can schedule a Completions counseling appointment by visiting LAC, A-1153, calling 562.938.5180, or sending an email to

How can I cancel my Completion Counseling Appointment? 

Call 562.938.5180 or send an email to Please try and cancel at least 2 hours before your scheduled appointment time. 

If I want to obtain an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree, what General Education plan do I follow?

Plan A, B, or C which you can find in our General Education Patterns.

If I want to obtain an Associate Degree for Transfer (AD-T), what General Education plan do I follow? 

B or C, which you can find in our General Education Patterns.

If I only want to transfer to a California State University (CSU), which General Education plan do I follow? 

Plan B, which you can find in our General Education Patterns.

If I am unsure as to what college or university I want to attend, which General Education plan do I follow? 

Plan C, which you can find in our General Education Patterns

How do I get my transcript evaluated? 

  • Must be an Active LBCC student,   
  • Have official transcripts on file at LBCC  
  • Have an Educational Plan with a Counselor.  
  • After meeting the above 2 items, an evaluation will be automatic, and you do not need to request an evaluation.
  • After the evaluation is completed you will be notified by email  
  • Watch Video: LBCC Transcript Evaluation Process

How do I get cleared to take a class that has a pre-requisite? 

  1. Log into your Viking Portal
  2. Go to FORMS
  3. Submit a request 

If you do not have official transcripts at LBCC from your other school(s) you will need to send your unofficial transcript to for review.

What is the difference between an Associate Degree and Associate Degree for Transfer? 

An Associate Degree is designed to prepare students either for transfer to a four-year college or university or for immediate employment. There are two types of Associate Degrees at LBCC:

  • Associate in Arts (AA)
  • Associate in Science (AS)

An Associate Degree for Transfer (AD-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus or want to complement their Bachelor’s degree with and Associate degree in a different field of study. There are two types of AD-Ts:

  • Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T)
  • Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T)

Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. 

When and how should I apply for my degree/certificate and graduation? 

At the beginning of the semester/term in which you are completing your final requirements and by the graduation application deadline (This is typical during the first few weeks of the semester/term). Refer to LBCC Admission & Records Important Registration Dates and Deadlines. You can apply for Fall, Spring, or Summer.