Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded community college program that provides “over and above” services to Long Beach City College students from social, economic, educational, or language-disadvantaged backgrounds. The program supports enrollment, retention, transfer of students, and helps facilitate the successful completion of their educational goals. Our goal is to assist our students to be successful in navigating through their college careers by overcoming barriers that may be hindering their success.
Benefits and Services
EOPS offers a variety of support programs and services to eligible community college students, which include:
- Academic & Personal Counseling
- Assistance with Financial Aid (FAFSA/CADAA) & Scholarship Applications
- Book Loan Library/Textbook Assistance
- Educational & Cultural Excursions
- Food & Transporation Assistance
- Grad Cap & Gowns
- Priority Registration (Fall & Spring Semesters)
- School Supplies & Much More!
- Specialized Student Success Workshops & On-Campus Events
- CARE Program (Single Parents)
- NextUP Program (Foster Youth)
Log in to your Viking Portal to APPLY and complete New Student Orientation (NSO). EOPS support services enhance and increase student success. We look forward to working with you. Please go to the Application Procedure page for eligibility criteria for EOPS. Questions? Contact EOPS Office.
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program includes EOPS students who are also single parents who are receiving public assistance (TANF/CalWORKs/Cash aid).
- The primary purpose of CARE is to assist students in achieving their educational goals through academic support.
- The CARE program can provide academic counseling, child care, tutoring, book vouchers, educational supplies, meal cards, and or bus passes to eligible students. To learn more click here.
PLEASE NOTE: In light of the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, and to ensure everyone’s safety our offices will be closed for the Fall 2020 semester. We are providing remote services online. If you need to talk to a staff member or need to make an appointment with a counselor you can chat with a front desk staff member below, or email us at email@example.com, or you can call our office at (562) 938-4273.
If you need more Coronavirus COVID-19 related campus wide information regarding additional resources at Long Beach City College you can visit the LBCC Coronavirus COVID-19 at https://www.lbcc.edu/coronavirus.